- Service hours (2) for 3rd quarter are DUE: Monday, March 18.
- Service Hours (2) for 4th quarter are DUE: MOnday, May 27. Late service hours will not be accepted for a grade.
This week we will begin studying chapter 10: The Ark and the Temple.
Like the Israelites, we gather in a holy place to worship God. When we go to church, God's presence surrounds us and fills us.
This week students will do the following:
- Identify special actions and objects in the Church that remind us of Jesus Christ and help prepare us to receive God's grace in the Sacraments
- Learn about the importance of the Ark of the Covenant and the Temple to the Hebrews
- Activity (DUE: 3/20): Compose a prayer asking God to bless a family member (students will receive time in class to complete this)
- Identify the relationship between Catholic rituals used in worship and rituals of God's people found in the Old Testament
- Activity (DUE: 3/22): Students will imagine they're on the parish planning board, and design a new church for the parish (students will receive two class periods to complete this)
The chapter 10 study guide will be passed out on Thursday, March 21. The chapter 10 test will be on Wednesday, April 3.