We will continue the unit on argument paragraph writing. The goal of this unit is for students to write a strong argument paragraph. This week students will do the following:
- Work through an activity organizing paragraph parts and improving flow (in class)
- Insert transitions between and within sentences of their own argument paragraph draft
- Write two different versions of their topic sentence
Paragraph of the Week
DUE Monday (1/14): Time Travel
On Monday students will receive this week's paragraph of the week: Most Important Invention. This will be due on Tuesday, Jan. 22.
The chapter 3 test on pronouns will be on Tuesday (1/15).
On Thursday, we will begin studying verbs (chapter 4). Students will understand and correctly use action, linking, and helping verbs.
- The 1-page paper on the virtue of the month: Prayerfulness is DUE: January 31. This may be handwritten or typed.
- At least four PASS master tests in grammar are DUE: January 16, 2019