Bell Ringer Journal
Students will receive 5-7 minutes at the beginning of class to complete their bell ringer journal. It is imperative that students are in class on time to be able to utilize the entire 5-7 minutes for this assignment. The journal will be due every Monday.
Paragraph of the Week
This week's paragraph of the week is "Always Learning". They will receive this on Tuesday. The paragraph will be due the following Monday (1/22). Students will receive some time in class to work on their paragraphs. Please refer to the 7th Writing home page to see a guideline on how students can remain on track so as not to fall behind.
We will continue studying Adjectives and Adverbs (chapter 5). This week students will do the following:
- Identify and use adverbs in writing
- Identify and use the comparative and superlative forms of adjectives and adverbs
- Identify and use commonly confused adjectives and adverbs
Students will receive a handout each day practicing these skills. Work not completed in class must be completed as homework and returned the followings school day.
This week students will do the following:
- closely examine a writing prompt to ensure understanding of what they're being asked to do
- develop a debatable claim by studying the evidence on the topic, and asking, "What is this evidence telling me?" Students will free write to answer this question, research to further examine the evidence, and then begin to generate ideas that may become the claim.