- The 1-page paper on the virtue of the month of March (magnanimity) is DUE: March 22. This may be handwritten or typed.
- At least 4 PASS master tests in language are due March 18, 2019
We will continue the unit on informational essay writing.
This week students will do the following:
- Review a Body Paragraph Anchor Chart (provided) in class
- Annotate Sample Body Paragraphs (provided) in small groups
- Review how to properly cite sources
- Draft a body paragraph about one of their key moments, using summary and description that they found in their research, weaving it together with analysis (DUE: Wednesday, March 20)
- Review Signal Words and Phrases (provided)
- Experiment inserting signal words and phrases into an existing paragraph (optional: share their experiments with the class)
- Solicit student input about the issues they are having in organizing their body paragraphs and troubleshoot as a class
- Continue to draft paragraphs (DUE: Monday, April 1)
Paragraph of the Week
There will be no paragraph of the week this week.
There will be no assignments in grammar this week.