We will continue the unit on narrative poetry. Students will do the following:
- Form writers' response groups to share their poems, determining is the poems convey the messages they are trying to get across.
- Exaluate and analyze their poems by using rubrics, which remind students of revision strategies.
1. Wednesday: Students will be encouraged to take their poems home, experimenting with what they have learned and revising their poems for the next session.
Bell Ringer Journal
Journals will be collected and graded on Monday, Oct. 15.
This week students will learn about subject complements and objects of verbs. Below is a guideline for the week:
Tuesday (10/15): Test: Chapter 1
Thursday (10/17): Quiz: fragments and run-ons, complete practice in class
Students should not have homework.
- The 1-page paper on the virtue of the month (diligence) is DUE: October 25. This may be handwritten or typed.
Research Paper Reminders
- Project Idea handout: DUE 10/19 (assigned on 10/10)