We will begin a unit on argumentative paragraph writing. The goal for this unit is for students to write a strong argument paragraph. This week students will do the following:
- Review the concept and purpose of a paragraph
- Gain a better understanding of the terms: debatable claim, effective evidence, and commentary
- Analyze two arguments on school uniforms
This week students will learn about nouns as subject complements. Below is a guideline for the week:
Tuesday (11/6): Quiz: Compound Nouns, Today's lesson: students will identify and use nouns as subjects and complements
Thursday (11/8): Quiz: Nouns as Subject Complements
Students should not have homework.
- The 1-page paper on the virtue of the month (perseverance) is DUE: November 30. This may be handwritten or typed.
Research Paper Reminders
- Notes on Index Cards (Source Cards): DUE January 4 (students were taught how to do this on 10/15)