- The 1-page paper on the virtue of the month of March (magnanimity) is DUE: March 22. This may be handwritten or typed.
- At least 4 PASS master tests in language are due March 18.
We will finish the unit on informational essay writing.
This week students will do the following:
- Discuss the elements of the Concluding Paragraphs handout (provided)
- Read and annotate sample concluding paragraphs (provided)
- Continue drafting their paragraphs and share with a partner for initial feedback
- Engage in peer review to get feedback on their writing
- (Optional): students may use a reverse outline to deteremine the effectiveness of their piece
- Using all this information (see above), they formulate a revision plan, then make changes accordingly
The final typed copy of the informational essay is DUE: Friday, March 22.
We will continue the unit on verbs (ch. 4). This week students will do the following:
Tuesday (3/19): Students will understand and use verb tenses to express the sequences of events in writing
Thursday (3/21): Students will distinguish between and use troublesome verb pairs in writing
The chapter 4 practice test will be on Tuesday, April 2. The chapter 4 test on verbs will be on Thursday, April 4. This will be an opne-note test.