Blest Are We: Benziger
Faith is developed through a spiral curriculum based on the four pillars of the Catechism of the catholic Faith. The four pillars are: (1) What Catholics Believe, (2) How Catholics Worship, (3) How Catholics Live, and (4) How Catholics Pray.
This year we will cover five units, as well as core beliefs as outlined at the beginning & end of the textbook.
- The Sacraments: God’s Gifts of Life
- Baptism and Confirmation
- The Eucharist
- Reconciliation and Anointing of the Sick
- Holy Orders and Matrimony
We will spend the first few months studying the core beliefs and Saints in addition to the curriculum above. Students will research various Saints and choose one particular Saint to focus on. (Portions of this will be done in Language Arts class.) Students will conduct research and write an essay about their Saint. Students will need to dress-up like the Saint they have researched and wear their outfit to our All Saints Day Mass on Thursday, November 2.
- Assignments will include textbook work and projects.
- There will be a test given at the end of every chapter or unit of study.
- Bible Quizzes: There will be bible quizzes given throughout the year. Students will be given a bible passage and study that passage in class for understanding.
Grades are recorded on a point basis.