Friday, March 15, 2019
Please join me on REMIND
* Your child may bring in a blanket and stuffed animal to keep at school for the month. When we have our silent reading time they can snuggle up and get more comfortable.
* We will have a school wide book swap. Please have your child pick a book out that they would like to swap with someone else.
* We will also be taking up a book donation collection. Please have your child go through their books and find some they would like to donate to another child who is less fortunate.
* Friday, March 8- Dress like your favorite book character!
* Friday, March 15- We will make book forts in the classroom! (I love this)
* Friday, March 22- Pajama Day and make sure you turn in your Book Bingo on this day.
Please talk to them about their reading, encourage fluency, help them in whatever capacity is appropriate for your child. The story is introduced on Monday, so the children would have read it only one time. If they are studying the spelling words and understanding their meaning they will be able to apply all of the spelling words we have learned so far. Please write a note to me after you child is done. Talk to me about their experience and what you are noticing. This will be a homework assignment on Tuesday evenings. The books MUST come back the next day.
SHOW AND TELL: During snack time the students will be allowed to "Show and Tell" about something that is special to them.
SHOW AND TELL SCHEDULE:
MONDAY: Ryder, Harmonie, Milas, Graham
TUESDAY: Malay'a, Steele, A'nna
WEDNESDAY: Asia, Nicki, Uzziah
THURSDAY: Amelia, Scarlet, Pai'ton
FRIDAY; Armando, Evelina, Mari
Reading: Next week the reading selection is Seven Sillies. As a group of animals gaze into a pond, a frog convinces them to rescue the "seven sillies." They jump into the water only to realize that the animals they saw were only their reflections. But the frog soon learns that he is silly. Skills we will focus on include: making predictions, long "e" fluency, writing with more detail, using adjectives, cause and effect, and context clues.
Please study nightly!
For an extra challenge: handsome, beautiful, fantastic, gorgeous
Phonics: We will continue learning about the long "i" sound.
Math: In math we will begin learning about place value.
Social Studies: Animal habitats.
Religion: We will continue our Lenten journey. The students will learn about almsgiving and make a Lenten Promise. We will keep a Lenten journal to help us be more mindful of the love Jesus has for us.