Blest Are We: Benziger
Faith is developed through a spiral curriculum based on the four pillars of the Catechism of the catholic Faith. The four pillars are: (1) What Catholics Believe, (2) How Catholics Worship, (3) How Catholics Live, and (4) How Catholics Pray.
This year we will cover five units, as well as core beliefs as outlined at the beginning & end of the textbook.
1. We Answer God's Call
2. God Saves and Delivers Us
3. God Invites Us into His Kingdom
4. God Reminds Us to Do His Will
5. God Promises Us Everlasting Life
Students in grades 6-8 are required to complete two service projects per quarter. Opportunities for service may be given at school, at your family's place of worship or in your community. Ideally, your student's service activities should be completed in different areas in order to gain a greater understanding of the wide range of service opportunities.
- A student should not be paid for service
- A service sheet for each activity of service, which is available in the classrooms and attached below, should be filled out and signed by a parent or activity supervisor.
- The "minimum length" of time for an activity to count is approximately 45 minutes.
- Each required service project will be treated as a daily assignment that will be averaged in with your child's Religion grade.
- St. Luke's Ministry
- Volunteer at the Soup Kitchen
- Tutor a younger student
- Coach younger students
- Assist senior citizens
- Collect food for the poor
- Recycling projects
- Join the choir
- Serve at Mass
- Serving at Mass may count as one activity if done twice during the quarter. Students may submit serving at Mass only twice during the year.
- Volunteer for your church
1st Quarter: Monday, October 22, 2018
2nd Quarter: Monday, January 14, 2019
3rd Quarter: Monday, March 18, 2019
4th Quarter: Monday, May 20, 2019
Assignments will include textbook work, service hours, notebook work, and projects.
There will be a test given at the end of every chapter or unit of study
Grades are recorded on a point basis.