Peace be with each of you. I am sorry I was not around last week. I had a death in my family so I am late getting your newsletter to you. Here are the updates:
Regarding Face-To-Face planning:
1. We are starting school on Monday, August 24th
. We will have ½ day of school for the entire week. So the change is that originally, prior to COVID19, we had just 2 half days the first week. However, with the required wearing of the mask and cleaning requirements, we will give students and staff time to ease into doing it by holding just ½ days. That means for the week of August 24-28th
, we will have half days. Because the first full week of school will be five half days, there will be no lunch provided.
2. Also, we will not have lunch available to purchase until Tuesday, September 8th f
ollowing Labor Day. However, the week of August 31st
-September 4 will be four full days
with Friday the 4th
off. Students will need to bring their lunch
for the week of August 31-September 3rd
. You will be able to order lunch bi-weekly starting Tuesday, September 8th
3. Child Care for the first week of school - Parents who need child care for the first week and would like to use the school child care need to submit an emergency card with vital information.Child Care Form Link
4. Bussing with Flint for those who use it will not be available until Flint schools start their Face-To-Face instruction.
5. When arriving
in the morning, students will line up outside in taped-off, designated lines before entering school after they have temperatures taken. At dismissal
, teachers will return to the lines with students and dismiss them to parents as the cars arrive. Parents and relatives will remain in the car and students will be escorted to their family vehicle. Both morning and dismissal lines will be appropriately distanced 6 feet apart between and within the lines.
1. Online instruction begins the week of August 31st
2. Parents will get contacted by the teacher by Wednesday of this week
We are planning classrooms for each grade and needed to close three classes for the Face-to-Face learning platform. The online spaces for all the grades are still available. Please call us if you have not registered. Certainly, we will accommodate as many people as we can.
We will be in touch regarding when we will have classroom-based parent meetings online. We plan to have them in the evening on Wednesday and Thursday of next week. Thank you for your patience.
Have a wonderful evening. God bless each of you,